Thursday, June 13, 2013

Looking Into More Kidlit

So I'm going through the list of books that were mentioned in the writer's guide I reviewed for About.com.
I decided it would be a great learning tool to improve my writing for the Kidlit market. Unfortunately, my library doesn't have all of the books in the list for either that writing guide or the one I've read by Cheryl Klein. But they do have some of them and I'm hoping a few more of them will be in the KY Unbound e-library. Once I'm done with reading the ones I'm able to find I'll post a review here on my blog of them. They will be short, but hopefully helpful to those of you interested in reading some quality juvenile fiction to help with your own writing endeavors. Here is the list of books I've checked out so far:

Holes by Louis Sachar
Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliet
Alvin Ho Allergic to Girls, School and Other Scary Things by Lenore Look

I've only managed to finish Holes so far. I'll wait until I've finished the other two before posting my short reviews. I realize these aren't newly released books, but if you are like me you've probably heard about these but never gotten around to actually checking them out. I do read a lot of middle-grade and young adult fiction that I find that interests me. Sometimes they are even award winners. But usually I stick with the newer releases. I still will continue to do that, but some books are just too good to lose their value as far as story and craft with time. And I'm hoping I find that to be the case with many of these books I'm going to read off my list. If you haven't read any of these books, or have and want to add comments once I've reviewed them feel free. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why the Follow Up Was Even Better Than the First

  Image Copied from Goodreads As promised, today I'll be reviewing  Hot Dutch Daydream  by Kristy Boyce, which is a follow up to Boyce&#...